Rules & Regulations of Online Application
for M.Ed. Admission (2022-24)
Admit Card was published on 15th September 2022 , Please download the admit card for M.Ed. Entrance Examination on 19th September 2022 , From 12 Noon to 1:30 P.M, reporting time will be 1 hour prior from the examination timing. .
- On-line application for centralized admission to M.Ed. Programme starts on 5thth September 2022 on 11:00. The last date of application is 12th September 2022
- The intending students may apply on-line for admission to 2 year M. Ed. Programme in the Department of Teacher Education, WBUTTEPA (David Hare Campus) and the affiliated self-financed colleges offering M.Ed. Programme in West Bengal (as per list of Colleges attached herewith).
- The detail schedule of on-line admission process has been published in our website. There may be changes with short notifications. Therefore, all are requested to follow the website regularly.
- Eligibility for admission to M.Ed. Programme:
Candidates seeking admission to the M.Ed. programme should have obtained at least 50% marks or an equivalent grade in the following programmes:
- B.A. B. Ed., B. Sc. B. Ed.
- B. El. Ed.
- D. El. Ed. with an undergraduate degree (with 50% marks in each).
Relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks will be allowed in graduation or post graduation or B.Ed. in case of SC/ST/PWD (Minimum disability 40%) candidates.
- Eligible Candidates are to appear at the Entrance Examination:
Candidates who have appeared / are appearing in the final semester (in all papers) of the eligibility qualification (that is 4th semester B.Ed. Examination) are also allowed to appear at the Entrance Examination. However, admission will be offered with the aforementioned condition that he/she will clear the eligibility qualification with minimum 50% marks failing which his/her candidature will be cancelled.
N.B. Candidates are to bring their original Admit Card of M.Ed. Entrance Examination (to be downloaded) alongwith the original Admit Card of his/her 4th semester B.Ed. Examination in the examination hall.
- M.Ed. Entrance Examination fee:
- Rs. 750/- for students of General / OBC category.
- Rs. 450/- for students of SC/ST/PWD category.
- Number of Seats
- Number of seats in the Department of Teacher Education, WBUTTEPA (David Hare Campus) and each affiliated college is 50. Reservations will be according to norms..
- All the details in this regard will be notified in the website before the date of counselling.
- Deputed teachers serving in substantive posts in Govt. / Govt.-sponsored / Govt.-aided Teachers’ Training Institutions will be given preference. These candidates will be selected on the basis of length of continuous teaching experience.
- 30% seats will be allotted for Language Group, 30% Science and Mathematics Group and 40% for Social Science Group.
- The ratio for Home University students and other University students shall be 80:20
- Reservation and relaxation:
Reservation of seats for EWS/SC/ST/PWD (Minimum disability 40%) candidates will be as per Govt. rules. Relaxation of 5% marks will be admissible for SC/ST/PWD (Minimum disability 40%) candidates as per Govt. rules. The Reservation as stated is not applicable for Self-financed Colleges.
- Counselling Fee:
Rs. 1000/- (to be paid to the University at the time of counselling), non-refundable, for processing.
- Entrance Examination:
There will be a written test of 50 multiple choice questions (MCQ) with full marks 50. Time for the test will be one and half hour with negative marks of 0.25 for each wrong answer. The questions will be mostly on Core Papers of B.Ed. curriculum, WBUTTEPA. Date, time, venue and list of eligible candidates of the Entrance Examination will be notified in the website in due time
Candidates are instructed to be in touch with the University website ( www.wbuttepa.ac.in )
The merit list for admission will be prepared on the basis of scores of the Entrance Examination only. If the scores of multiple candidates become equal, the following method of academic score will be taken into consideration for the preparation of the merit list.
- Calculation of Scores against marks for different examinations will be as follows::
Name of the Examination Total marks Obtained Marks % of Marks
(a * b)
Madhyamik/Equivalent Examination TM OM M = (OM*100)/TM 0.2 M * 0.2 Higher Secondary Examination TM OM M = (OM*100)/TM 0.2 M * 0.2 B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./BBA/BCA (General/Pass) TM OM M = (OM*100)/TM 0.2 M * 0.2 B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. (Honours) TM OM M = (OM*100)/TM 0.3 M * 0.3 B.E./B.Tech. TM OM M = (OM*100)/TM 0.3 M * 0.3 M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./MBA/MCA TM OM M = (OM*100)/TM 0.3 M * 0.3 M.Phil. 5 5
For scoring in HS, the marks obtained in best five subjects excluding Environmental Studies will be considered.
- Click here to download affiliated Colleges and University Department available for M.Ed. Admission (2022-24)
Entrance Examination fee: is Rs. 750/- for General / OBC-A / OBC-B candidates and Rs. 450/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates